Makita BHP454 18-Volt LXT 1/2-Inch Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill Kit was listed on Amazon for $558.00, selling for $391.83 USD brand new. Manufactured by Makita. There are 2 units left brand new. If you prefer this product in used condition, there are 2 left on Amazon starting at $187.50.
Some great features of this product include:
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 560 in.lbs. of max torque, ariable 2-speed all metal transmission (0-400 / 0-1, 700 RPM)
- Compact, ergonomic design; only 9-9/16-inches long, weighs just 4.9-pound
- Shift-lock drive system quickly shifts between modes, 2 built-in LED lights, rugged tool belt clip
- LXT lithium-ion battery, Energy Star rated 30-minute rapid optimum charger, 430 percent total lifetime work, 2.5X more cycles
- 3-year warranty on tool; 1-year warranty on battery and charger
- 1 30-Minute Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RA)
- 2 built-in L.E.D. lights with afterglow illuminate the work area
- 2 ea. 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Battery (BL1830)
- 3-year warranty on tool and 1-year warranty on battery and charger
- 30-Minute Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- 30-Minute Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery to produce more lifetime work
- All metal gears and aluminum gear housing for maximum jobsite durability
- Bit Holder (419276-2)
- Compact design at only 9-9/16″ long and weighs only 5.3 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- Depth Gauge (322223-3)
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
- LXT Lithium-Ion battery and Rapid Optimum Charger produces 430% total lifetime work with 3x more cycles
- LXT Lithium-Ion battery provides longer run time, 5x lower self-discharge (for use any time) and 16 firm holding contact terminals (for constant high power)
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 560 in.lbs. of Max Torque and 360 in.lbs. of PTI torque
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Hammer Driver-Drill delivers more torque, more speed and more work to the jobsite. The versatile BHP454 can be run as a driver-drill or a hammer driver-drill, allowing the user to carry just one tool on the job instead of two, replacing the standard driver-drill.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The BHP454 features a Makita-built four-pole maximum torque motor that delivers 560 in.lbs. of Max Torque and 360 in.lbs. of PTI Torque in a compact size. The BHP454 has a Shift-Lock drive system sleeve that quickly shifts from “hammer drill” to “driver” mode. The two-speed all-metal transmission delivers 0-400 RPM in low speed and 0-1,700 RPM in high, covering a wide range of drilling and driving applications. The BHP454 has 0-6,000 Blows Per Minute (BPM) in low speed and 0-22,500 BPM in high speed for hammer drilling into masonry and concrete.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The BHP454 weighs just 4.9 pounds with a more compact design at 9-9/16 inches long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. The BHP454 is also equipped with a built in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The BHP454’s percussive hammer and driver-drill capabilities are a perfect fit for the pro that wants more features. This tool is perfect for a range of applications requiring percussive hammer-drilling, include fastening medium sized anchors, drilling into masonry, and even setting small sized anchors into concrete. The BHP454 will handle a full range of drilling and driving tasks into wood and other materials, and can be utilized in many different areas such as HVAC, woodworking, plumbing, electrical, and more. The combination of high-speed and high-torque makes the BHP454 ideal for any pro contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless hammer driver-drill. The BHP454 is just another example of Makita’s commitment to innovative technology and best in class engineering.
About Makita’s 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Tool Series
As one of the pioneers driving the cordless tool revolution, Makita changed the game with its breakthrough 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Series. Three years after its debut, Makita’s LXT Series has grown from seven to over 35 tools, providing a wide range of cordless solutions for professional tradesmen. Makita also added 18V compact lithium-ion for cordless power in a more compact size. Makita’s 18V Lithium-Ion batteries and ENERGY STAR rated Optimum Charging System provide several benefits over old battery technology. When compared to traditional 18V Ni-Cd batteries, Makita’s 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have 40% less weight, longer run time, and five-times lower self-discharge to keep cells active and ready to use at any time.
Makita’s 18V Lithium-Ion battery delivers 2,000 cycles–2.5X more than Ni-Cd. In addition, built-in shock absorbing features help protect the battery, and 16 firm-holding contact terminals deliver constant high power. During the charging process, a built-in memory chip in the battery communicates with the Optimum Charger for a more efficient charge, extending the battery life. Makita’s Optimum Charger is also faster: it will charge an 18V LXT Lithium-Ion battery in just 30 minutes, and an 18V compact lithium-ion battery in only 15 minutes. Makita also offers a Rapid Automotive Charger for 18V LXT and 18V compact lithium-ion batteries that plugs into 12V DC sockets equipped in most automobiles and trucks for added mobility. Makita’s growing line of LXT cordless tool solutions features a wide range of industrial-quality power tools, including driver-drills, impact drivers, impact wrenches, saws, grinders, screwguns, rotary hammers, and more. The LXT Series also offers a jobsite radio, rechargeable flashlights, and several different combo kits.
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita applies leading-edge innovation to engineer power tools that are more compact and energy efficient, yet deliver industrial strength power and results. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network located throughout the U.S. For more information, please call 800/4-MAKITA (800/462-5482) or visit makitatools.com. Makita is Best in Class Engineering.
Every Makita Lithium-Ion tool is backed by Makita’s 3-Year Warranty that covers repair due to defects in materials or workmanship up to three years from the date of original purchase. Makita Lithium-Ion batteries and chargers have a limited 1-year warranty. Please see makitatools.com for complete details.
What’s in the Box
Makita BHP454 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Hammer Driver-Drill, two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, 30-Minute Rapid Optimum Charger, tool belt clip, side handle, depth gauge, bit holder, screwdriver bits, and tool case.
Starting at $187.50 used
Buy for $391.83 brand new
Save 30% ($166.17) by purchasing on Amazon.com