Makita 6237DWDLEX 14.4 Volt 3/8-Inch MFORCE Cordless Drill/Flashlight Kit was listed on Amazon for $315.00, selling for USD brand new. Manufactured by Makita.
Some great features of this product include:
- Two piece D-31 motor delivers power in a more compact size
- All-metal gear transmission creates smooth, efficient power transfer
- Shift Lock Drive System locks out clutch, instantly shifting from driver to drill mode
- 2.6 Ah Ni-MH batteries offer greater capacity and longer run time
- Package includes two 14.4-volt Ni-MH batteries, flashlight, multi-voltage charger, and case
Think of amps as the battery’s gas tank: the greater the amps, the longer the tool’s run time. With the new MForce line of cordless tools, Makita has bumped their ultracompact NiMH batteries up to 2.6 amps, delivering a markedly longer run time per charge. The tool is compact and well balanced, too, thanks in part to the newly designed two-piece motor that allows for a smaller 14.4-volt unit capable of an impressive 350 inch-pounds of torque–enough power for any task for which we’d use a cordless. The unit’s all-metal gear transmission, featuring a planetary gear system, also takes up a minimum of space, and does a good job delivering smooth power. The MForce line also features a new Shift Lock drive system that locks out the clutch, shifting from driver to drill mode in a way that will never slip. Another plus is the addition of a ratcheting chuck that you twist to tighten, a satisfying mechanism that really locks a bit in place. Best of all, the drill feels great in the hand: the balance is right and the handle has a rubberized grip, a new feature to Makita drills and one an all-day user will surely appreciate. This kit includes two 14.4-volt, 2.6 amp NiMH batteries, a handy adjustable flashlight, a multivoltage charger, and a carrying case. –Jon Groebner